Real Robot: Issue with local_setup.bash

Hello,

I have finished the first parts of the tutorial and now trying to do the real robot project.
I have 2 main issues :

• When I run the bridge according to the commands that are given, I still don’t see all the topics bridged (with ros2 topic list). Especially cmd_vel. Is it normal even if there is the “–bridge-all-topics” (It seems that I can still publish on cmd_vel and that it will works)

• If I try to source the ros2_ws/install/setup.bash (to teleop of execute my node) file, I have the following error :

not found: "/home/user/ros2_ws/install/turtlebot3_node/share/turtlebot3_node/local_setup.bash"

If then, I try to teleop, I have an error.

Thank you for the help

Hi,

Are you working in the simulation? The reason why you might not see the cmd_vel topic is because no one is publishing to the topic yet, so the bridge connection hasn’t been made.

As for the teleop issue, sometimes the sourcing isn’t done right when you past more than one command at a time. Try typing them one by one in a terminal:

• source ros2_ws/install/setup.bash
  • export TURTLEBOT3_MODEL=burger
  • ros2 run turtlebot3_teleop teleop_keyboard

I’m facing the same turtlebot3_node problem:
In a new termin I typed the first command:

source ros2_ws/install/setup.bash

but it prompts:

user:~$ source ros2_ws/install/setup.bash
ROS_DISTRO was set to 'foxy' before. Please make sure that the environment does not mix paths from different distributions.
ROS_DISTRO was set to 'noetic' before. Please make sure that the environment does not mix paths from different distributions.
not found: "/home/user/ros2_ws/install/turtlebot3_node/share/turtlebot3_node/local_setup.bash"

This looks like your shell has its sources mixed up.

Try opening a new one and instead of the turtlebot3_teleop, just use the generic one:

ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard.py

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.