Error loading the workspace

Hello,

My workspace keeps on loading but never appears. Please help, see the screenshot.

Regards,
Kashish Dhal

Hi @kashish.dhal,

Sorry for the trouble.

It seems you are using Firefox, could you please try the following to reload the IDE?

• Right-click in the IDE area (the area where you see the loading icon) and choose This frame -> Reload frame.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Hello @bayodesegun,

Yes I am using firefox. It works 20% of the time but 80% of time it fails to load. When I rightclick, I don’t see any options.

I would like to use an IDE alongside your tutorials, please let me know if that is a possibility. Eventually I would have to move to my computer. So, I would just like to start there.

Regards,
Kashish Dhal

I’m sorry to hear that. Can you try Chrome? It might be that your Firefox browser has some issues or features disabled. I’m able to right-click in the IDE area successfully.

I’m not sure what you mean here. Do you mean you’d like to use a different IDE than the one we have in the environment? If so, no, we don’t support using another IDE to edit your files directly. You can use another IDE to edit your files, but you will still need to copy/paste the code into our IDE.

Hello,

Sure, I can try that on Chrome.

I wanted to say that the web IDE that you have provided looks very inconvenient to me. I would rather like to use an IDE on my local Computer instead of web and still like to follow your tutorials. Is that a possibility? I see that lot of code that you have provided (for example robots like BB8, TurtleBot, etc.) is not available to us and installed in opt directory.

Is there something you can help me with?

Regards,
Kashish Dhal

Hi @kashish.dhal,

I’m sorry but you can only edit your files on Robot Ignite Academy directly using our IDE (or the terminals if you prefer). You can use indirect methods like copy/paste from local or git.

Yes, the simulations are only available online, not in your local PC. It’s an online service. That said, please see the following post about getting the simulations on your local PC:

I hope this helps.

Cheers.