Where is the real robot connection tab in ROSDS to connect my own robot

where is the real robot connection tab in ROSDS to connect my own robot.

Hi @tharchamid ,
I am not sure if you can connect your “own robot” as such to ROSDS, you can however use the Real Robot Lab to test your rosjects on a real robot remotely, check out this link: Real Robot Lab

Happy Learning…!!

1 Like

Hello @textzip and @tharchamid ,

Right now, it’s not possible to connect to your own robot through The Construct. However, this is a feature we are currently working on and it will be available very soon. You can however use the Real Robot Lab tool, as @textzip points out.

Best,

1 Like

Hi @tharchamid f you are interested in using the connection from The Construct to your local robot in the same way as we do for our remote labs, let me know and I can provide you with beta testing access to that feature, so you can control the robot at your home from the online The Construct environment, and even allow other people control it (if you want).

Please send me an email to rtellez@theconstructsim.com

1 Like

Dear students, we have added now the connection to your personal robot from ROSDS. So now you can have full practice inside the ROSDS. Create your code and execute it on your local robot.

Connection is very simple, explained in this video: remote robot with ROSDS - YouTube

Let us know if you have any questions

Hi @rtellez,

I’m new to ROS and am learning about the site’s courses.
I’m interested in using this connection to my personal robot. I watched the following video : How to create a remote real robot lab in 5 minutes - YouTube but I still have problems to connect my local OpenManipulator.
Indeed, I connect the robot arm to my computer using U2D2 as communication interface. In the video, it’s with SSH, so I don’t understand how to connect the robot with my type of connection.

Thanks in advance for the help