Rosject Real Robot Project

Hello, a while ago I created this ROSject project (make the robot find a wall and move in a circle while keeping close to the wall) and remembered I finished and got it to work. I come back to it a while later and don not for the life of me remember how to run it. Does anyone know? I tried launch the main.launch file but it didn’t open tup the simulation. Does anyone know what commands I need to make it run?

When I go according to the instuctions of running this command: roslaunch realrobotlab main.launch

I get the following error:
user:~/simulation_ws$ roslaunch realrobotlab main.launch
RLException: [main.launch] is neither a launch file in package [realrobotlab] nor is [realrobotlab] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file

Hi @Bar.hacohen ,

I am not sure what you mean by “a while later”. After how long are you working on it now?
Anyways, if the project is either updated or if your project was archived, then chances are that your project will not work.
The command you are using is correct. But if the roject is not starting, then it means just two things:

1. Either updated
  2. Or dependencies are removed

What you can do is:

1. Take a backup of your src folder.
  2. Delete the rosject.
  3. Fork a new copy of the rosject.
  4. Upload your backed-up files back into the newly forked rosject.
  5. Set up your files and initialize your program
  6. Enjoy! :joy:

Regards,
Girish

Ok yes there was an update apparently but I did get it to work. Now I wish to run the project directly on my computer. I downloaded the files and attempt to run the project on my Ubuntu 20.04. I have ROS on it, and have gotten it to work with a different project. I think I had an issue with the CMake file, so I copied the catkin_ws, simulation_ws, notebook_ws, and webpage_ws directly into my user folder so the path would be the same as the Construct enviornment. However, I still can’t get my catkin_make command to run. I get this error:

neotic@ubuntu-20-04:~/catkin_ws$ catkin_make
Base path: /home/neotic/catkin_ws
Source space: /home/neotic/catkin_ws/src
Build space: /home/neotic/catkin_ws/build
Devel space: /home/neotic/catkin_ws/devel
Install space: /home/neotic/catkin_ws/install

Running command: “make cmake_check_build_system” in “/home/neotic/catkin_ws/build”

CMake Error: The source directory “/home/user/catkin_ws/src” does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** [Makefile:810: cmake_check_build_system] Error 1
Invoking “make cmake_check_build_system” failed

How can I fix this issue, should I change the CMake file? What if I were to put all these files in a folder called hw_4_pkg. How then should I adjust the project?

Thank you very much for your help until now :smiley:

Hi @Bar.hacohen ,

If you need to replicate the environment in your personal computer, you would require only the catkin_ws and the simulation_ws. Other *_ws workspaces are not necessary.

You need to go into simulation_ws first and then do a catkin_make there and source the workspace.
Then you should run catkin_make in catkin_ws and source the workspace.
Finally, you can start running your project.

But why do you want to run it in your computer?

Regards,
Girish