Ros navigation stack using Gpio on raspberry

Hey guys, anyone know how can I set up the Ros navigation stack in order to command my motor using GPIO on raspberry?
Thank you for your help

Hello @danielly242,

For learning how to set up the Navigation Stack, I suggest you have a look at the ROS Navigation course. You’ll just need to adapt the system depending on the topics/frames names you are using on your robot.

Best,

Hello,
I am currently following the course of ros navigation but I have not yet seen any parameters allowing me to modify the robot’s movements (left, right, forward, backward for example).
I’m already in the path planning 1 section.
Thank you

Hello @danielly242,

What do you mean by modifying the robot’s movement? With the navigation system, you will be able to send a goal destination to the robot, and the robot will reach this goal while avoiding any obstacles in its path.

Best,

Hello
I would like the navigation system to be able to send control signals to my motor using Gpio of raspberry, I don’t use the classic robots compatible with ros.
My system is an electric cart, the motor control signals are sent through the GPIO ports of a raspberry.
Thanks

Hello @danielly242,

The navigation system requires the robot to have a ROS topic (usually called /cmd_vel, but it can be another name) which receives velocity commands (in the form of Twist messages) and converts them to wheel velocities. If your robot doesn’t provide this topic, then the navigation system won’t work for you.

Best,