ROS in 5 days - unit 4 - Quizz correction is stuck

Hello,
The quizz correction is stuck at move_bb8_in_square_custom service found (mark: 6.0) could you please help?
Thanks
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you please check these and let us know?

• Make sure there’s no program running in any of the terminals before starting the correction.
  • Double-check that you have written the quiz as specified - with the specified names.
  • Ensure you don’t have an infinite loop within your code.

Hi Bayodesegun,

No program was running

Yes I did

I played the code severall times and it terminated successfully after the big square

Okay, thanks for the update. Could you please check if this is the case with you also (launching client ans service in same launch file)?

Hi,
Thanks, indeed in the launch file of the service client I was launching the service server also.
Applying those modifications makes the correction work but the program is not working anymore.

Regards
Gabriel

Could you please provide details on this? If it works for the Quiz, then you should be able to launch it manually. Perhaps you’re not launching it rightly.

My question is should I launch the service server before launching the quizz correction ?

You don’t need to launch anything before starting the Quiz. In fact, you should not and should kill everything else before starting the quiz as they can interfere.

The Quiz system will launch whatever it needs automatically.

I looked at it deeper and I found an error that I didn’t have previously :slight_smile:
ERROR: service [/move_bb8_in_square_custom] responded with an error: error processing request: global name ‘compee’ is not defined

I’ll try to find out where does it come from

Thanks
Regards
Gabriel

Found a typo in the src file… Thanks for your help

1 Like