ROS Basics 5 days Rosject part I

Hello,

I’ve just started part I of Rosject.
so I have clean project automatically made and I’m following instructions to try simulation.
After trying simulation( as stated in course) I get these errors:

[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/RubberDucky”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/lms1xx”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/media”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/meshes”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/turtlebot3_autorace”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/turtlebot3_autorace_2020”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/.gazebo/models/turtlebot3_description”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/simulation_ws/src/turtlebot3/turtlebot3_simulations/turtlebot3_gazebo/models/turtlebot3_autorace”
[Err] [InsertModelWidget.cc:402] Missing model.config for model “/home/user/simulation_ws/src/turtlebot3/turtlebot3_simul[0m[ INFO] [1634226143.516406896]: Physics dynamic reconfigure ready.
mations/turtlebot3_gazebo/models/turtlebot3_autorace_2020”

also nothing in happening in gazebo window.
I tried to ignore it and then 3rd command after making a package which I need to do is rostopic list.
After doing it I get : " ERROR: Unable to communicate with master!".

It seems like some files are missing? Any help, please I cannot go forward.

Hey, I’m no pro but maybe try sourcing the workspace first.
in ~/catkin_ws
run source ./devel/setup.bash

Hey, thank you for trying to help out, however it didn’t work out :frowning:

Hi @markomrki95 ,

The errors about models and meshes can appear, depending on the simulation. For the course project the simulation must be running.

Can you provide a screenshot with your rosenv?

echo $ROS_PACKAGE_PATH`

I would also ask for you to launch the simulation once more, paste a screenshot with the logs.

Then, in another web shell, try a rostopic list

Hi Marco,

I’m attaching screenshots. Rostopic is working when simulation is running( that was my bad).

Since I can upload only one per post.
Also when I’m using " `echo $ROS_PACKAGE_PATH``" I’m asked for an input from the terminal

Hi @markomrki95 ,

I didn’t understand about the input. Maybe the syntax was not correct?

You should have an output similar to the one I have below (does NOT need to have the same value, but check out the syntax of the command)

Screenshot from 2021-10-25 10-49-12