Graphical tool window does not open in a new tab in the ROS2 Navigation course

Graphical tool window does not open in a new tab in the ROS2 Navigation course. Instead, clicking on the “Open Graphical Tools in new tab” icon minimizes the graphical tools panel. The tool worked in other courses I’ve taken. I took the other courses using the same laptop and the same browser.

The “Open in new tab” features first minimizes the tool and then opens it in a new tab, so it’s possible that your browser was blocking the new tab at that time or you only noticed the minimize part and not the new tab.

It’s the same tool for all courses and even in the rosjects environment. It works the same way.

Could you please try again? I have checked the course and this feature truly opens a new tab after minimizing the tool.

It seems to be hit and miss. I started this course again this morning and it opened in a new tab. It was working. I just tried it a minute ago and it failed again. I haven’t changed any browser settings. I opened the developers console but I didn’t see any errors. I’m not sure what’s going on. Sometime it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Do you have a pop-up or ad blocker? Could you check if this also happens on Firefox?

No. I don’t have anything like that. I would think a blocker would block it all of the time. I’m seeing it fail only sometimes.

I saw the same thing today as before though. It worked the first time I tried it this morning. Then, as I continued working through the exercises, it stopped working again. I wonder if it has to do with memory load or something.

I will also try using FireFox.