I have followed the steps of unit 3 to merge the odometry of the wheels and the IMU with AMCL. However, three problems occur:
- When AMCL rectifies the robot position, filtered odometry does not move with the robot. With “2D Pose Estimate” does not work either.
- Initially, the filtered odometry has an offset with respect to base_link
I do not know if errors are normal or am I doing something wrong. I am using the configuration proposed by the course and I simulated the robot locally and the results are the same. The steps to replicate my problem are:
- Download the package: package
- Place the robot at the point of spawn (reload simulation)
- roslaunch my_sumit_xl_tools global_localization.launch
- rosrun rviz rviz (select my_summit_rviz.rviz in the rviz folder)
- roslaunch summit_xl_gazebo keyboard_teleop.launch
- Move the robot
Note: to better appreciate problem 1 it is advisable to change the origin of the map to origin [-8.500000, -9.000000, 0.000000]
Thanks a lot fellows!