Custom World Gazebo Problem

Hi!
I’ve been following some old Constructsim YouTube tutorials on how to create a custom world on Gazebo, but I’m having some difficulties replicating what it shown on the video in my local machine.

So I have the same package structure as shown in the video, meaning I have a package named my_simulations, with a world file inside a world folder, and a launch file inside the launch folder (both executable)

Inside this world file I define a world with nothing but a ground plane, a sun and a postbox (an existing model inside the gazebo package, as explained in the video).
This is the world file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<sdf version="1.5">
  <world name="default">
    <!-- A global light source -->
    <include>
      <uri>model://sun</uri>
    </include>
    <!-- A ground plane -->
    <include>
      <uri>model://ground_plane</uri>
    </include>
    <include>
      <uri>model://postbox</uri>
    </include>
  </world>
</sdf>

And this is the launch file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<launch>
    <arg name="debug" default="false" />
    <arg name="gui" default="true" />
    <arg name="pause" default="false" />
    <arg name="world" default="$(find my_simulations/world/empty_world.world" />

<include file="$(find gazebo_ros)/launch/empty_world.launch">
        <arg name="world_name" value="$(arg world)"/>
        <arg name="debug" value="$(arg debug)"/>
        <arg name="gui" value="$(arg gui)"/>
        <arg name="paused" value="$(arg pause)"/>    
        <arg name="use_sim_time" value="true"/>
    </include>

</launch>

Both exactly as shown in the tutorial.
My problem is that, when I launch this package (which launches without issues), gazebo just opens an empty world, not recognizing the one I specified with the postbox.
I’ve tried to edit the files to somehow get a different output, but there’s nothing getting included in the empty world.
I tried removing the build and devel folders also and recompiling the package, with no luck.
Could you please help me understand what’s wrong here?
Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.