Could you reset my course progress

I can not proceed anymore in the behoviour tree course. I already tried to delete and build again the whole wrokspace several times but I still get all kind of weird errors. If you could reset the whole progress I could at least start fresh. Thank you very much for your help

Hi @gstoettnerjo ,

Welcome to this Community!

You do not have to necessarily reset your course because compilation fails in your workspace.

If you can post the entire error as a code-block here, may be I / we can help fix your issues (unless you really want to reset your course and start over again).

Regards,
Girish

all examples show about the same error eg running ./bt_u2_ex1: symbol lookup error: ./bt_u2_ex1: undefined symbol: _ZN2BT8TreeNode17setWakeUpInstanceESt10shared_ptrINS_12WakeUpSignalEE

What commands are you using for this? What are you deleting exactly?

I ran “rm -rf build install log” and “colcon build”. Another thing I tried was to remove everything “rm -rf *” in the workspace, created a new src folder and cloned again the package into it and followed the instruction to build again.

Hi @gstoettnerjo ,

rm -rf * might have removed the complete contents of the workspace !!!
Did you take a backup of your packages before you did that?
If you didn’t, then your files may not be recovered and you will have to start over !

Did you succeed in building the packages after this step? Or do you still get the same errors?
If you are getting the same errors, could you please copy and paste the entire list of all errors as a code-block here?

Please don’t paste just the two or three lines. Paste the entire (full / all / complete) set of errors that is output on your terminal.

Regards,
Girish

Hey @girish-krishnan
I just tried the example again today. And it magically works again, no idea why. Just ran the example code again. Not sure why it didnt work yesterday.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @gstoettnerjo ,

Glad to know that you got your workspace working back again!

(You used the wrong name tag to address me by the way.)

Regards,
Girish