Access to the clipboard is denied. Check your browser's permission

I get this error when I try to copy any file path. I’ve tried to give permission for clipboard transfers in opera gx but it did not work. I’ll leave a screenshot of the error.

PS: The files also have a yellow warning sign.

Thanks in advance

Hi @RodrigoBCorreia ,

Welcome to the Community!

For copying files from one path to another path use the command from the terminal.
cp /path/to/file /path/to/destination

Another way is to create another file with same file name in the folder you want and then copy-paste the file contents.

If you are trying to do something else, where the above two steps will not help you, please provide some context on what you are trying to do and you will get a suitable solution.

You can ignore this warning sign. It is because your code has some warnings highlighted.

Regards,
Girish

Hi,

My problem was just with copying the file path to then paste on the command line, but when I click on “copy path” the error shows.
I could writte it manually but this would save me some time.

@RodrigoBCorreia ,

Ah! Now I understand your problem.

I have personally not done that. You can always use the [TAB] key completion technique on terminals.
Also, 4 levels of sub-folders is not too deep! You are on Linux! Get used to the keyboard!

For me, personally, terminal is much faster than the time I would take to copy and paste paths.

– Girish

Hello @RodrigoBCorreia,

welcome to the community!

I can confirm that inside the IDE, the paste option on the right click context menu does not work.
This is a known issue, see here: Paste button does not work in some browsers · Issue #11136 · eclipse-theia/theia · GitHub

There is however an alternative that works for me:

• Select a file
  • Press Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy
  • Select a folder where you want to paste a copy
  • Press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste

Here is a short video:

paste_using_ide

This alternative works for me I hope it helps some of you.

Regards,

Roberto

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.