URDF Rviz config wont save

I am going through the course URDF for Robot Modelling and at a section when I launch the Rviz GUI, I am asked to save the config file in the 'rvig_config" folder created in my package.
When I try to do so, I don’t see my folder in the dialog box and if I just save it it gives me an error that is as shown below:

What do I do?

Hi,

Where exactly are you saving it? Because the /opt path only can be written by sudos.
Could you paste here the path? It should be inside the /home/user/

1 Like

Hi @duckfrost2
Thank You for replying
Yup, I didn’t notice that, I was trying to save it under the /opt path. Thank you

Hello,
I have a question regarding this part. In fact, i launched the rviz.launch but i did not get any red box displayed.
Could someone give me some hint ?

1 Like

Hi @KTBE
Most likely you have the size of the box too small to be visible. Try changing the xyz values or the size of the box.

@mamojiz97 I tried to change it in the robot.urdf file specially in visual and collision attibute but there is still no red box displayed.

Check that the urdf is correctly linked and has the parameters correct, because sometimes when there is some issue inside , it just doesn’t display anything

1 Like