Unit 9 ROS Actions: Servers & Messages Quiz Problem

Hello there,

for the 9.4 actions_quiz I have created a catkin pkg with the following structure:

user:~/catkin_ws/src/actions_quiz$ tree
|-- CMakeLists.txt
|-- action
|   `-- CustomActionMsg.action
|-- launch
|   `-- action_custom_msg.launch
|-- package.xml
`-- src
    `-- action_server.py

3 directories, 5 files

When I manually launch the action server via roslaunch actions_quiz action_custom_msg.launch and then publish the following code via ROS CLI the drone in my simulation takes off / lands respectively with goal: ‘LAND’.

user:~/catkin_ws/src/actions_quiz$ rostopic pub /action_custom_msg_as/goal actions_quiz/CustomActionMsgActionGoal "header:
  seq: 0
  stamp:
    secs: 0
    nsecs: 0
  frame_id: ''
goal_id:
  stamp:
    secs: 0
    nsecs: 0
  id: ''
goal:
  goal: 'TAKEOFF'"

But the automated grading gave me this grading: :heavy_multiplication_x: Drone did not take off (mark: 6.0)
Should the action msg be structured different then below?

string goal
---
---
string feedback

@courses Would appreciate an update here since my subscription ends soon.

Also for the Certificate I need to use the currently unavailable RealRobotLab? Or Is the point Real Robot Project 40.00% in _ Your scores for ROS Basics in 5 Days (Python)_ for the certificate something different?

So I guess the script that tests the action server sends a lower-case goal string, since the only thing I changed is if goal.goal == "TAKEOFF": to if goal.goal.upper() == "TAKEOFF":

Can someone please tell me where I can find the Real Robot Project for the ROS Basics in 5 Days (Python) course?

@rtellez @duckfrost @albertoezquerro anybody?

Never mind, finally found it

Hi, the real robot project can be found at the bottom of unit 4 in the course ROS basics in 5 days (Python)

As for the issue, I’m glad you found the solution. You should make sure that all of the processes in your terminal are killed before running the grader.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.