Unit 6: Project, ur3e_robot.urdf.xacro can not be loaded by Move it assistant

The loading progress is stuck at 20%, and the terminal shows “[ERROR] [1636959716.195964582, 1792.847000000]: [setParam] Failed to contact master at [1_simulation:11311]. Retrying…”

The ur3e_robot.urdf.xacro is copied to /home/user/catkin_ws/src/ from /home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src/all/ur_workshop/universal_robot/ur_e_description/urdf

1 Like

Hello @Kane168 ,

Are you still experiencing this error? I just tested the Project and it is loading fine for me, I couldn’t reproduce your issue.

Hi Alberto

The condition remains. When “roslaunch moveit_setup_assistant setup_assistant.launch” is executed, this message appears “QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to ‘/tmp/runtime-user’”, not sure whether it matters or not.

That’s strange. Could you specify exactly at what Course/Unit are you getting this error?

In ROS Manipulation in 5 Days, Unit 6: Project, the beginning portion of
“Part 1 Build the MoveIt package”.

Hello @Kane168 ,

Can you try reloading the simulation? You can do this by clicking on the 3rd button in the simulation window.

@Kane168 did you ever get this working? If so what did you have to do?

@albertoezquerro any other ideas if reloading the sim doesn’t work either? I’ve tried changing units and back and still no luck. I’m fighting the same issue. Is /home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src/all/ur_workshop/universal_robot/ur_e_description/urdf the right path for the file we should be loading in MoveIt?

Hello @justin.smith ,

I’ve been investigating this issue but couldn’t find the reason why this bug has appeared now. I’ve changed the simulation to another version and it seems to fix it (at least it worked in my tests). I’ll keep investigating this.

Hi again @albertoezquerro, the new version did let me load the file now. Once I got to the 3D perception part of the setup I looked around in the simulation and did a rostopic list and it seems the needed Kinect sensor (that’s shown on the project page pictures) is missing now and there is no perception device. I reloaded the sim and unit and had the same result.

Hello @justin.smith ,

That’s true, there is no camera in this simulation so for now, just skip the perception part. I’ll try to add a camera to the simulation later today.

1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering if you added the camera to the simulation.

Hello @arpita.vamaraju ,

No, the camera has not been added for now.

1 Like