Unable to load Python 3 for Robotics

No matter how many times I click on the course " Python 3 for Robotics ", it always shows the course “Linux for Robotics Unit 4”. I’ve already tried F5 & shift F5 for many times but it’s still the same.

Hi,

1. Sorry but isn’t it the Linux for robotics? Its a different course form python3 for robotics
  2. Could you try to just relaunch the course please? Just go to the dashboard and click again on the course as if you were startin it .

Hi, I got the same situation but with “ROS IN 5 DAYS Course Project”

Hi @jagin ,

Could you tell us how you launched the course because that course is deactivated already. Thats the old Kinetic version. It shoudl be “ROS in 5 Days Noetic” , but yours doesnt have the “Noetic” word.
It would help to debug that issue that you are experiencing.
Di you launch it from the dashboard quickstart recent courses? Through the learning paths?

I just click “Continue Learning” on my Dashboard:

I didn’t switch to Noetic as at my work I’m using Melodic and I wanted to stick wit it (There is no info that switch is a required step). I was able to went through the course until “Course Project”.

Hi @dachuan516 @jagin

Please launch the new courses from the course list page at: Learn Robotics from Zero - Robotics & ROS Online Courses. The Kinetic versions of these courses have been deactivated.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

So, you want to say that I lost almost the whole week on the wrong course? That’s sad!
Can I get a refund for that?

By the way, the course is still available here: Learn Robotics from Zero - Robotics & ROS Online Courses. It is listed on
this page as a pre-requisites:

Hi @jagin ,

1. Did you lose your files that you did previously?

2. The course is the same exact course, the topics an dthings your lerend are applicable in the same way. The only difference is that some exclusive python2 code like prints and other minor elements have to be converted.

3. Thanks for the info about the prerequisits, we will change it right now.

That’s great. I can see that my files are in place. What about quizzes I’ve already done?
So I guess I can continue from the same place without any issue.

Thanks

In theory all the quizzes scores should have been migrated.

If its not the case, please do tell us, so we can fix that.

The only difference that you should feel is that now you are using Noetic and python3, that’s it. You have in teh notebooks of course updated solutions for that and last week we did a migration video that can help you also if you have some issue: https://youtu.be/x47HBHJMb4s

1 Like

It used to be unable to load the correct course yesterday, but it seems alright today, thx

1 Like