Unable to get message in rostopic echo /basic_grasping_perception/find_objects/result?

I am not able to get any visualisation of the cube in rviz as well when using this topic /basic_grasping_perception/object_cloud in rviz

1 Like

Hello @vasank1958,

Have you sent the goal to the /find_objects Action Server? Keep in mind that you need to send a goal to the Action Server in order to trigger the perception process. I’ve just tested it in the Academy and it is working properly for me.

Best,

Yes sir , I gave the goal command. I will try again and report back sir.

How I could send the goal to action Server?

Hello @dimi,

You have it explained in the Chapter’s notebook. It’s something like this:

rostopic pub /basic_grasping_perception/find_objects/goal grasping_msgs/FindGraspableObjectsActionGoal "header:
  seq: 0
  stamp:
    secs: 0
    nsecs: 0
  frame_id: 'base_link'
goal_id:
  stamp:
  id: ''
goal:
  plan_grasps: false" 

Best,

@albertoezquerro I am also unable to get detect object in front of robot , I have sent the goal /find_objects Action Server as mentioned in the course . same problem as @vasank1958 mentioned.
@vasank1958 were you able to detect the object?

I was experiencing the same issue and I read the next section on the lecture note saying we need to run " rostopic echo /basic_grasping_perception/find_objects/result" and then run
rostopic pub /basic_grasping_perception/find_objects/goal grasping_msgs/FindGraspableObjectsActionGoal “header:
seq: 0
stamp:
frame_id: ‘base_link’
goal_id:
stamp:
id: ‘’
goal:
plan_grasps: false”

Then come back to the terminal you run " rostopic echo /basic_grasping_perception/find_objects/result"

You will see the data on that topic!