Two nodes publishing to same topic

Hi,
I am using two instances of robot localization for autonomous navigation, first one, fuses the raw odom from wheel encoder and IMU and the second fuses the GPS, IMU and the filtered odom(obtained from the first instance). The problem is that both the instances publish to the same topic /odometry/filtered
I tried to understand how remapping topics work but not able to replicate it correctly into my work. The goal is to use GPS for autonomous navigation as described in Mastering with ROS:Jackal.Can you please help ?

Regards,
Abhijit

So , I had a look into the jupyter notebook of Mastering with ROS:Jackal Unit 2 particularly at the " robot_localization_with_gps.yaml" where actually we fuse the /odom, /imu/data, /odometry/gps topics and then I referred the youtube video (ROS Extra Class #2: How to use GPS to do autonomous robot navigation? - YouTube) and at time stamp 33:46 , it is suggested to use the /odometry/filtered from the other ekf instead of the /odom topic.

To me it is quite confusing as the documentation mentioned here (Integrating GPS Data — robot_localization 2.6.11 documentation) depicts the instances of the two ekf and its usage.Is there an error in the notebook or video ?

Can you please clarify which one is to be followed ?

Regards,
Abhijit

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.