Trying to install ROS on local machine but running into issues using catkin_make compilation

So I was able to install ROS onto my local machine, and visual studio and all those. However now I am running into an issue with catkin_make, I have already made the directory my_catkin_ws. Here is the error:

C:\my_catkin_ws>catkin_make
Base path: C:\my_catkin_ws
Source space: C:\my_catkin_ws\src
Build space: C:\my_catkin_ws\build
Devel space: C:\my_catkin_ws\devel
Install space: C:\my_catkin_ws\install
Creating symlink “C:\my_catkin_ws\src\CMakeLists.txt” pointing to “c:\opt\ros\noetic\x64\share\catkin\cmake\toplevel.cmake”

Running command: “cmake C:\my_catkin_ws\src -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DCATKIN_DEVEL_PREFIX=C:\my_catkin_ws\devel -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\my_catkin_ws\install -G Ninja” in “C:\my_catkin_ws\build”

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to “Ninja”. CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “C:/my_catkin_ws/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
Invoking “cmake” failed

I know it has something to do with this ninja package, but how do I install ninja into the ROS environment? I’m using windows 10 and Visual Studio 2019 community edition if that information helps in any way.

Thanks for any assistance

Hi, it looks like something in your setup is forcing CMake to use the generator Ninja. Check out the advice of what to do in this ROS Answers question:

https://answers.ros.org/question/244214/unable-to-install-because-of-missing-ninja/