I would like to know which topic can be used to get the values for the nav2 goals that are sent through rviz2. I thought that I could use the /goal_pose but it doesnt receveived a value when using this tool.
Thanks in advance
Hi @lfernandez ,
My immediate suggestion would be to set a subscriber to
So when you click on some place on Rviz2 and send a goal pose to
/goal_pose, you can see the Pose (position + orientation) value in the subscriber.
At the moment, I assume that
/goal_pose is a topic and not a service or an action.
Thanks @girishkumar.kannan. That’s what I thought but the topic
/goal_pose gets nothing when you send a Nav2 goal through Rviz2. It’s strange to me.
Hi @lfernandez ,
Here is my output from
user:~$ ros2 topic echo /goal_pose header: stamp: sec: 1678726728 nanosec: 281811410 frame_id: map pose: position: x: -0.6831712126731873 y: 0.5041952133178711 z: 0.0 orientation: x: 0.0 y: 0.0 z: 0.050374112943495156 w: 0.998730418453927 ---
So here is what I did:
- Make sure that the real robot or the simulation is running.
- Make sure you have
ros_bridgeenabled, if it is needed.
- Make sure ROS2 nav2_stack is initialized and running, that is, map_server, amcl along with bt_navigator, planner, controller, recoveries.
- Make sure Rviz2 is up and running and make sure the robot is properly localized on Rviz2.
- Now, subscribe to
/goal_poseusing terminal or with your own program.
- Issue the goal pose on Rviz2 using 2D Nav Goal button.
- Now you should see the goal pose on the
I am not sure why it is not working for you. But I am sure this method will work.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.