Too much unexplained

Hi All,

I’ve just started the ROSDeepLearningWithTensorFlow and (although I understand this is not a TensorFlow course), I’m finding that important information is missing. Or, perhaps, I should’ve done another course first? If so which would that be?

For instance,

1- what do these lines (in the launch file) mean exactly?

2- what the the “beloved” CvBridge? How does it work?

3- Where is the solution of exercise 1.1?

4- The extra task seems strange. Is it really a “Bash script” or a Python script?

BTW, I still couldn’t make the rqt_image_view work. It still crashes (so one part of the exercise I coulnd’t do)…

Thank you in advance!

Hi!
In theaory this course is to introduce you to tensorflow, although of course we dont go in deapth, just because its meant to give you a first glipse at this topic.

1- what do these lines (in the launch file) mean exactly?

Which lines exactly?

2- what the the “beloved” CvBridge? How does it work?

CvBridge is a python module made for ROS to be able to use OpenCV image processing library (OpenCV)

3- Where is the solution of exercise 1.1?

There is no solution because essentially its what it has been explained before, you just have to combine it

4- The extra task seems strange. Is it really a “Bash script” or a Python script?

You can do it in both ways. In python you will have to execute launch files passing the XYZ position randomly. In bash the same thing. As you see fit.

BTW, I still couldn’t make the rqt_image_view work. It still crashes (so one part of the exercise I coulnd’t do)…

It seems a bug. If you launch RVIZ and add an image through the panels it should work without any problems. Sorry for that seems its an issue with rqt_image tool.

1 Like