Terminals keep disconnecting and simulation restarting

Hello,
I started with the summit-xl project in this course, and I’m having trouble to even start it. Everytime I launch the first .launch file which is meant to start the slam_gmapping node and also run rviz the terminals get disconnected and the simulation gets restarted so I can not get to the point to either create the map or make sure everything works correctly. I have tried with the .launch file I made myself and also with the one in the solutions, but same thing happens. I hadn’t had any of these problems during the course, any ideas on why is this happening?

Thank you,

Andrés

Hello @andresolaresjurado,

First of all, let me apologize for the late response. Is this issue persisting? I just tested it with the solutions and it’s working properly for me. Please let me know if you are still having this issue.

Best,

Hello,
thanks for the answer first of all, I couldn’t figure out what whas the error so I didn’t continue with that until now that I have tried it again in order to answer you, now it works without any problems, I didn’t change anything at all so no idea what was happening. Thank you!

Best regards,

Andrés

Hello @andresolaresjurado,

Good to hear that it’s working now! That’s strange though… maybe it was an isolated error in our platform which was causing it. Anyways, thanks for the update on the issue.

Best,

Hi all,

I started having this exact issue (terminal disconnection). It seems somewhat correlated to the “multiple rviz simulations issue”, where a Rviz window is automatically started with the launch of the Summit Project simulation.

Just using the provided Rviz configuration and editing it on open each time seems to be working for now, though I hope the crash issue goes away again.