Terminal windows gets disconnected often

I noticed that the terminal window gets disconnected often, when I click on button to connect it connects but after a few seconds it disconnects. what could be the issue ? please suggest

Hi @ashwin.venkat,

We are sorry you are having this problem.

In my experience this usually happens when the internet connection is not very good. Can you try changing to a faster WiFi or broadband? A connection delivering constant 2mbps or higher downlink speed is highly recommended.

thank you so much for providing me the reason for the disconnection. unfortunately my network is not so good off late :frowning: any workaround for running command without terminal? I noticed that there is a terminal window in editor seems stable.

Thank you for your response. I’m sorry about the network.

Thank you also for letting us know that the integrated terminer of the IDE works for you. Yes, the integrated terminal is a workaround and should work… Please let us know if you have an issue with that as well.

Cheers.

Hey @ashwin.venkat, I was having the same issue, the problem is due to a bad internet connection, I would recommend that you should invest in a good internet connection. Alternatively you asked for a workaround the disconnecting issue, so for that you could try ssh-ing to the server usign the following steps:

1. run this command on the terminal window on the course page:
    curl -s checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e ‘s/.Current IP Address: //’ -e 's/<.$//’
    this will echo an ip address.

2. Using that IP address you can ssh into the server on which the course is running using:
    ssh -i ubuntu@<ip_address>
    depending upon the security you might have to use a key which you will have to get from the guys at robot ignite academy and then use the command like this:
    ssh -i <path_to_the_key>/<key_name>.pem ubuntu@<ip_address>

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other issues, I will be more then happy to help out. Cheers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @shahramnajam.neduet, thanks for trying to help, we really appreciate it!

However, the SSH workaround will not work because the shell is running in an isolated environment that is not directly accessible by the IP address of the VM.

Thanks again for your help!

thank you for your help! my network is better now and its disconnecting less often.

1 Like