Terminal timing out quite frequently

Hello,
Terminal times out quite frequently even while performing some work. This kills the current executions, down loads and stops from progressing.

Can you please fix this as this is blocker for any work in the environment?

I have been coming across this since last two days and its super annoying.

Thanks,
Shreyas

Hi @cshreyastech,

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Just to clarify, by “terminal timeout” do you mean that the terminal shows a message like “this terminal is disconnected”?

Usually this occurs when the Internet connection is momentarily broken and might be a sign that the connection is unstable. We’re looking into how to make the terminal more flexible in such cases. In the meantime, here’s a trick to ensure that such disconnections doesn’t kill your programs:

# run your program in the background
nohup command_to_start_your_program &

If you’ll like to see the outputs of the program, you can do something like:

nohup command_to_start_your_program > output.log &

and then tail the log from another terminal. To stop the program, you’ll need to use the kill command.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

PS: could you please tell us in which country you are currently located and whether you are using a VPN? It could be that we are not getting the VM in a region that is closest to you and you are therefore experiencing a serious lag in the connection.

Yes, I saw terminal disconnected several times last week. I havent tried after that.

I am working from US-California. I can get the logs if I hit same issue again.

Thanks

1 Like