Sudden problem with ROSlaunch

I finished unit 1 with no difficulties. Unit 2 is problem. First to make empty map but this I figured out. My problem is somehow ROSLAUNCH will not find any new launch files. I can run ROSLAUNCH jackal_tools gmapping.launch from last unit fine, but new file start_map_server.launch cannot be found. I made a simple copy of gmapping.launch to gmapping2.launch. Now I tried ROSLAUNCH jackal_tools gmapping2.launch and I get error:

user:~/catkin_ws$ roslaunch jackal_tools gmapping2.launch
[gmapping2.launch] is neither a launch file in package [jackal_tools] nor is [jackal_tools] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file
user:~/catkin_ws$

I tried to redo catkin_make and source devel/setup.bash but still no good. I think something is wrong with the interface but I cannot go any further if I cannot make a new .launch file.

Hi,

The issue was that you had created the my_jackal_tools outside the catkin_ws/src folder. Then ROS cant find it. Try it now , it should work :wink:

Screenshot from 2021-04-21 09-55-05

No. Still does not work. In any event my IDE shows that it is inside the catkin_ws/src folder

The following log shows gmapping.launch created in unit1 works, but gmapping2.launch and start_map_server.launch created in unit2 are not found. All in same launch folder.

user:~$ cd catkin_ws
user:~/catkin_ws$ roslaunch jackal_tools gmapping2.launch
[gmapping2.launch] is neither a launch file in package [jackal_tools] nor is [jackal_tools] a launch file name
------ now I try gmapping.launch located in same folder ----- >
user:~/catkin_ws$ roslaunch jackal_tools gmapping.launch
… logging to /home/user/.ros/log/dcb4c582-a2b4-11eb-974d-0242c0a8a007/roslaunch-4_xterm-1387.log
Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.

started roslaunch server http://4_xterm:38109/

Registering First Scan
^C[slam_gmapping-1] killing on exit
virtual GMapping::GridSlamProcessor::~GridSlamProcessor(): Start
virtual GMapping::GridSlamProcessor::~GridSlamProcessor(): Deleting tree
shutting down processing monitor…
… shutting down processing monitor complete
done

— so no problem - now I try start_map_server.launch - also in same folder–>

user:~/catkin_ws$ roslaunch jackal_tools start_map_server.launch
[start_map_server.launch] is neither a launch file in package [jackal_tools] nor is [jackal_tools] a launch filename
user:~/catkin_ws$ cd …
user:~$ ls
catkin_ws
user:~$

sort of solved. I just ignored this problem and built all the other modes and launch files in the unit and it all works. Way??? No matter - just learning. Thanks for support