Singularity ..what it is , how can we avoid this of arm robot

Hi All,

I am working on xARm7 Ufactory Robot which has DOF=7 .

I have following queries:

a) While using Move IT , I observed object was just kept vertical down to gripper , but moveIt return fraction of 15% and xArm could not pick the object as we have checked if fraction>90% it should not pick , and sometime also I feel that the trajectory from this position is quite easy and can pick by robot but then I found fraction is <90% . What might be the issue, and what needs to be done for this ? How can I check trajectory and why move it is returning fraction (computeCartesianPath) which is <90% for simple locations?

I suspect this issue occur due to singularity position in Arm. But I dont know how to avoid singularities and what type of singularity occurred.

b) I observe xarm_straight_plan service which is wrapper function to plan the path using move_group.computeCartesianPath() , I can understand it fails sometime if fraction < 90% .But sometime I could not find any error logs , it just randomly failed. May I know the reason of it? I observed this type of behavior for other service server call as well.
If anyone has observed the same issue, please share your findings that would be really helpful.

c) xarm_exec_plan also wrapper function using which call move_group.execute(), It did not returns any string for failed service call . How can it return the string and we can know the precise error for it fail.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.