Show course progress

I am following the Python 3 for robotics course and even though I have finished the first 2 parts it looks like I am still in the beginning. Is it possible for the platform to somehow follow my progress?
Thank you!

Hi @StergiosVerros,

Whenever you reopen the course, the system should take you to the unit where you left off. Is this not happening?

By the way, welcome to the Community!

Hi @bayodesegun,

Thank you for your reply.

No, unfortunately, that is not the case. Every time I have to navigate to the course chapter I finished manually. Maybe I should ask, how does the system realize that I finished a chapter?

Thanks!

Hi @StergiosVerros,

The system currently does not track if you finished a chapter, it just knows that you were “last seen” on a specific chapter, and it takes (should take) you there the next time you open the course. Does it work like this for you?

Hi @bayodesegun,

No, unfortunately, every time I have to navigate manually to the chapter I want to follow.

@StergiosVerros,

Take into account that the chapter you want to follow might different from the chapter you last visited; the system can only take you back to the chapter you last visited (and cannot know the chapter you want to visit).

So if the system is not taking you to the chapter you last visited, which chapter does it take you every time?

Hi @bayodesegun,

It takes me always to the first one. So, for example, I just visited the Chapter for oop of the Python for robotics, and now, if I go back to the course, it starts from the introduction.

@StergiosVerros,

Now I see why it’s behaving like that. It’s because you do not have a paid license. Normally in this case you would only have access to the first unit of the courses. Sorry for the trouble.

But since this is a free course and everyone has access to all the units, we are going to revise the logic to change this behavior for free courses. I can’t give a specific date for this, but I will capture it on our internal feature request list.

Hi @bayodesegun,

Thank you very much for the info :slight_smile: