Services_quiz problems with correction

Hi!
I’m trying to correct the services quiz, but it get stuck in this part and it doesn’t move forward
Captura de pantalla de 2020-04-06 17-08-47

Hi @mariateresa.munoz,

Thanks for letting us know and welcome to the Community!

Apologies for the error. The grader has probably encountered something unexpected within your code. Please allow us some time to look into it and get back to you.

BR,

Hello @mariateresa.munoz,

Could you please send me your packages to aezquerro@theconstructsim.com, so that I can have a look at them?

Best,

Hello @mariateresa.munoz,

I’ve been checking your packages and here’s what I’ve found out.

• First, you have an error in the CMakeLists.txt file. The dependencies of your nodes are wrong. You have:

add_dependencies(service_server ${service_server_EXPORTED_TARGETS} ${catkin_EXPORTED_TARGETS}) add_dependencies(service_client ${service_client_EXPORTED_TARGETS} ${catkin_EXPORTED_TARGETS})

The prefix to the EXPORTED_TARGETS is not the node name, but the name of the package. So this should be like this:

add_dependencies(service_server ${services_quiz_EXPORTED_TARGETS} ${catkin_EXPORTED_TARGETS}) add_dependencies(service_client ${services_quiz_EXPORTED_TARGETS} ${catkin_EXPORTED_TARGETS})

• Second, in your Service Client script, you are waiting for the user to input a value (for the side and repetitions variables of the message). This is OK for testing your script, but for the Quiz this is not the expected behavior. For the Quiz, you should already provide these values in your program (rather than waiting for the user to input them). You can see the values to use in the Quiz enunciate:

Create a new service client that calls the service /move_bb8_in_square_custom, and makes BB-8 move in a small square twice, and in a bigger square once.

• Finally, you can also see from the enunciate above the expected behavior: in total it will perform 3 squares (2 small squares and a bigger one), and then it will stop. Instead, your Client code keeps executing squares (with the values provided by the user) until someone specifically stops the program (ie with Ctrl+C).

Please review your codes having in mind my comments, so that they perform exactly what the Quiz requests, and then try to correct it again. If you keep having issues, just let us know again.

Best,