RVIZ2 example not working correctly in ROS2 Basics in 5 Days (Python), Unit 6 ROS2 Debugging Tools

I’m currently study the chapter6 of ROS2 Basics in 5 Days (Python).
The tutorial asked me to do the following:

Press “Add” and select RobotModel.

From the RobotModel options, set the “Description Source” to File.

x

• Notes -

The path of the URDF file to load is the following:

In :

/home/simulations/ros2_sims_ws/src/neobotix_ros2/neo_simulation2/robots/mp_400

But what I got is a lot of

[ERROR] [1645428304.309312171] [rviz2]: FileNotFoundException: Cannot locate resource package://neo_simulation2/robots/mp_400/meshes/MP-400-CASTER-WHEEL.dae in resource group OgreAutodetect. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /tmp/binarydeb/ros-foxy-rviz-ogre-vendor-8.2.3/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/ogre-v1.12.1-prefix/src/ogre-v1.12.1/OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 703)

I know that there are some file lost, but I cannot do anything about this.
Does anyone have the same issue?

Hey Smith,

Did you find the file? I just tried and found it. To load the file, carefully navigate to its location using the file navigator - don’t enter that path directly.

@bayodesegun

Hi, I finally figured out where the problem is.

you should source the .bashrc_ros2, not /opt/ros/foxy/setup.bash

1 Like

@smith.lai technically you should source the workspace of the workspace the files you need are located, in this case /home/simulations/ros2_sims_ws/install/setup.bash, so I am sure that if you look inside .bashrc_ros, you would find that source.

The terminals automatically source that workspace from their .bashrc, but sometimes after a lot of sourcing in a single terminal, the sourcing doesn’t work correctly and you are better off closing that terminal and starting again with a fresh one.