Roslaunch Error - Unit 1 - ROS Basics in 5 Days

Hi, I am currently completing the ROS Basics in 5 days tutorial and I have an issue where the error

“roslaunch: command not found”

is returned when I try example 1.1.

The suggested solution for another user facing this problem was to use “source /opt/ros/noetic/setup.bash” now I get a new message:

“RLException: [move.launch] is neither a launch file in package [publisher_example] nor is [publisher_example] alaunch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file”

I previously completed unit 1 with no errors but I wanted to run through it again after doing some of unit 2, so I am wondering if I broke something while doing so.
Many thanks.

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the Community!

This is strange, could be a temporary problem with that VM. Could you please try again and let us know if you still have the issue?

Usually, I source it as ‘source devel/setup.bash’ from terminal…

Yes, try compiling again and sourcing from catkin_ws with

rm -rf build/ devel/
catkin_make
source devel/setup.bash
rospack profile

Don’t worry, the system can just source back to your workspace without breaking anything

Hi,
I have the same problem

Hi,

Can you close the course and try again? What exactly is your problem? A screenshot or two would be very helpful.

Does that error happen once you close the course and open it again?

yes, I got the error the first time I opened the course and the error still exist even when resetting the course

Hi, please try with another browser, either Chrome or Firefox, which are the only ones we support.