ROS2 Manipulation Basics

Hi, I am currently doing the ROS2 Manipulation basics and in the end of creating movit2 package for ros2. When running the my_planning_execution.launch.py i get the following error:
Im trying with another robot, and using ROS2 galactic

r16_moveit_config my_planning_execution.launch.py rviz_tutorial:=true
[INFO] [launch]: All log files can be found below /home/azizi/.ros/log/2022-02-14-14-43-12-810358-azizi-HP-ProBook-440-G3-7522
[INFO] [launch]: Default logging verbosity is set to INFO
Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name=‘Task-2’ coro=<LaunchService._process_one_event() done, defined at /opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_service.py:226> exception=InvalidLaunchFileError(‘py’)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_description_sources/any_launch_file_utilities.py”, line 53, in get_launch_description_from_any_launch_file
return loader(launch_file_path)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_description_sources/python_launch_file_utilities.py”, line 68, in get_launch_description_from_python_launch_file
return getattr(launch_file_module, ‘generate_launch_description’)()
File “/home/azizi/ws_moveit2/install/manulab_resources_kuka_kr16_moveit_config/share/manulab_resources_kuka_kr16_moveit_config/launch/my_planning_execution.launch.py”, line 155, in generate_launch_description
robot_description_semantic_config = load_file(srdf_file)
TypeError: load_file() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘file_path’

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_service.py”, line 228, in _process_one_event
await self.__process_event(next_event)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_service.py”, line 248, in __process_event
visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures(entity, self.__context))
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/utilities/visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures_impl.py”, line 45, in visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures
futures_to_return += visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures(sub_entity, context)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/utilities/visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures_impl.py”, line 45, in visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures
futures_to_return += visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures(sub_entity, context)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/utilities/visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures_impl.py”, line 38, in visit_all_entities_and_collect_futures
sub_entities = entity.visit(context)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/action.py”, line 108, in visit
return self.execute(context)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/actions/include_launch_description.py”, line 127, in execute
launch_description = self.__launch_description_source.get_launch_description(context)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_description_source.py”, line 84, in get_launch_description
self._get_launch_description(self.__expanded_location)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_description_sources/any_launch_description_source.py”, line 53, in _get_launch_description
return get_launch_description_from_any_launch_file(location)
File “/opt/ros/galactic/lib/python3.8/site-packages/launch/launch_description_sources/any_launch_file_utilities.py”, line 56, in get_launch_description_from_any_launch_file
raise InvalidLaunchFileError(extension, likely_errors=exceptions)
launch.invalid_launch_file_error.InvalidLaunchFileError: Caught exception when trying to load file of format [py]: load_file() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘file_path’

Thank you!!

Maybe have a look at the API load_file and the sdf_file, because it could be that needs another input, to put it explicitly at which input you are giving the file path or even that you are not using it correctly.

Maybe if you share the code here or create a ROSject and share it here we can have a look at it better. Its all I can give you with the information that you show here.

thank you, i figured it out. It is as you say i had some issue with load_file and specifying the path for the srdf_file.

Thank you for answering !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.