ROS2 Basics in 5 Days Humble (C++) - 4.7 Services Quiz

Hi,
i finished the Unit 4.7 Quiz and my Code for the services_quiz and for the custom interface services_quiz_srv works as specified in the description. But unfortunately the gradebot fails me after the build.

and when i do the build everything is fine:

Unit47quiz_1

Hmm, that seems strange. Did you ensure that nothing was running in your terminals? Are you able to submit again? If not, let me know so we can investigate further

Hi @roalgoal,

i have only one submisson left. I can try to submit again. I will tell you if it worked or not.

Hi @roalgoal,

again there is the compile error from the gradebot. And now my submission trials are empty i got 5/5 trials .

Hello @mosgaed ,

I’ve been doing some tests and I’ve seen there are some things not working correctly in the autocorrection system. I need to do some more tests to figure out exactly what is going on. I’ll let you know later today once I have it fixed. Meanwhile, please keep advancing with the rest of the course. Don’t worry about the trials, I’ll reset them for you.

Hi @albertoezquerro,
thank you for your help.

Hello @mosgaed ,

Could you try to compile your whole workspace before submitting the Quiz?

1. Go to the root of your workspace:
    cd ~/ros2_ws/

2. Compile:
    colcon build

If you don’t get any compilation, submit the Quiz then. Let me know if it works Ok now.

Hi @albertoezquerro,
this is now the log after build:

Hi @mosgaed and @albertoezquerro

I have the same error and I can’t find the solution too.

Topic Title: Failed to create symbolic link - Services Quiz

In ROS2 Basics in 5 days Humble (Python) I have the same error and I can’t find the solution too.

Although the packages were compiled before being submitted to GradeBot (services_quiz_srv no errors, services_quiz with a warning message but no errors).

Hello everyone,

I downloaded @mosgaed packages and they compiled fine in my workspace, so I assume you must have something wrong in your ROS2 workspace. Let’s try removing the current compilation files and building again:

cd ~/ros2_ws
rm -rf build/ install/ log/
colcon build

@oleg.a.kuvaev and @Voltedge You can try this too. Please let me know if it solves the error.

I was also testing in @oleg.a.kuvaev environment. I solved this issue by removing the current compilation files and rebuilding the workspace, as indicated previously:

cd ~/ros2_ws
rm -rf build install log
colcon build

Also, I saw that he had some compilation files inside ~/ros2_ws/src :

This is not correct. You MUST only compile in the root of the workspace (/home/user/ros2_ws) and nowhere else. So all the compilation folders/files that are outside the root of the workspace must be removed.

Greate :smiley:
My solution for this mistake:

1. cd ~/ros2_ws and rm -rf build install log
  2. colcon build
  3. Verify in simulations
  4. Again cd ~/ros2_ws and rm -rf build install log
  5. Sent to GradeBot WITHOUT colcon build

Profit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@oleg.a.kuvaev & @albertoezquerro

Thank you guys for your help and informations! This worked for me aswell!

hi @albertoezquerro , @mosgaed @oleg.a.kuvaev

In my case still appears

[0.576s] WARNING:colcon.colcon_ros.prefix_path.ament:The path'/home/user/ros2_ws/install/services_quiz’ in the environment variable AMENT_PREFIX_PATH doesn’t exist [0.576s]WARNING:colcon.colcon_ros.prefix_path.ament:The path’/home/user/ros2_ws/install/services_quiz_srv’ in the environment variableAMENT_PREFIX_PATH doesn’t exist

I send the solution to gradebot and appears the same error “failed create symbo link”
What else can I do?

Thanks @oleg.a.kuvaev your solution works to me too!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.