ROS Perception in 5 Days

Hello all, I am kind of new here. I tried to follow the lectures to the letter and also create a copy on offline using ROS - Kinetic on Ubuntu 16.04. here are some issues I am having with the lectures. I ran the rosrun my_following_line_package follow_line_step_hsv.py but I am experiencing this error:
File “/home/user/catkin_ws/src/my_following_line_package/scripts/follow_line_step_hsv.py”, line33, in camera_callback
crop_img = cv_image[(height)/2+descentre:(height)/2+(descentre+rows_to_watch)][1:width]
TypeError: slice indices must be integers or None or have an index method.

Also, is it possible to access and download the project models and launch files. I will like to practice more after I exhaust my daily hours especially during bad network connection which I am currently experiencing.

Hafiz

Hello @Phizzle ,

1. The course is prepared to work with ROS Noetic and OpenCV version ‘4.2.0’, so using it with other setups might arise some errors. In any case, the error seems to be that the code is expecting an integer and it’s probably getting a float. Have a look at these:

About your 2nd question, you can find the project simulation here: Bitbucket

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.