Ros Inmoov Robot query

Hi ROS Experts, ,

I’m trying to run Inmoov Ros (with the below link) in Ubantu 16.04, I had installed ros kinetics already along with MoveIt

https://github.com/alansrobotlab/inmo…

And had followed the instructions as in the link,

when I go to run say this: rosrun inmoov_tools set_parameters.py

it returns this:

inmoov@ubuntu:~$ rosrun inmoov_tools set_parameters.py

[rospack] Error: package ‘inmoov_tools’ not found

Please help, I’m not sure what this means or what I have done wrong, sorry I’m beginner but I would really like to run this project and see what is like,

Thank you,

Kind Regards,
Roger

Hi @wai.mak,

Welcome to the Community! Now to your question.

Have you done the following?

• Clone the package into your catkin_ws/src folder.
  • run catkin_make and source devel/setup.bash from the catkin_ws directory?

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

PS: It might be that you called your catkin_ws (catkin workspace) something else (and put it in a different location) since it appears you installed locally.

PPS: You mentioned that you are a beginner…have you taken the ROS Basics in 5 Days course. Installing and setting up ROS locally is a daunting task for a beginner, especially when you are missing basic knowledge.

Hi @bayodesegun ,

You are marvellous,

I followed your instructions and got it running and I’m so glad that I became a member …I was doing so much researching shopping here and there for a good ROS course, I’m so thankful that I joined, now I’m continuing the 5 day course,

Now my other question is, is it possible that I can use ROS to run the InMoov robot ? (I already have the physical build and am just trying to move it with a brain)

I look forward to your reply,
Thank you very much for your help, appreciate it

Kind Regards,
@wai.mak

Hi @wai.mak,

Your best bet would be to visit that repo and follow the instructions to the letter. They have laid out what is required and possible there. Also, visit the repo’s issue tracker to see if your issue is already solved and create a new one if it’s not.

Hi @bayodesegun,

Thank you for your advise,

Kind Regards
@wai.mak

1 Like