ROS course project part 1: The Gazebo environment is different from the one showed in the Notebook

Hi, I started to work on part 1 of the course project. I have gone through the instruction notebook and found that the obstacles and robot starting position are completely different from the one which is given in the Gazebo environment.

The notebook environment is shown below:

The Gazebo environment when I opened the Rosject in the construct:

should I need to change the objects in the environment or test with the given gazebo environment? and will the problem statement change if it starts in the inner loop?

Please let me know how to proceed with the project.

Hi @Filippostudents ,

Welcome to the Community!

Your observation is correct. Over several updates in the course by The Construct Team, your actual Gazebo simulation environment / arena might be different from the one shown in the notebook instructions.

That should not cause you any problems however. But, there might be some changes in the actual “Real Robot Lab” environment, for which your robot code should account for, when working with the actual TurtleBot.

You can proceed with the project. There would be no changes required from your side.

Regards,
Girish

1 Like

Thank you girish, your suggestion is very helpful. I will proceed to work on it and post if I am stuck or have doubt during the process. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

Hi @Filippostudents ,

Glad to know I have helped you. Please mark this as solution if your problem is solved.
You can make new posts under the right category if you come up with any issues in the future.

Regards,
Girish

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.