ROS path [1]=/home/user/catkin_ws/src
ROS path [2]=/home/user/simulation_ws/src
ROS path [3]=/home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src
ROS path [4]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share

<>
main.launch: line

1 Like

Hi @kalkimann ,

Are you working with a specific rosject?
It’s important to make sure you have your ROS workspace compiled and sourced after it.

Let me know if you have problems trying to do that

Regards

catkin_make didn’t help… details below … rebooting n retesting

Rosject - Multiple Robots Navigation

cd simulation_ws/
catkin_make
source devel/setup.bash
echo $ROS_PACKAGE_PATH
/home/user/catkin_ws/src:/home/user/simulation_ws/src:/home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src:/opt/ros/kinetic/share
roslaunch multiple_turtlebots_sim main.launch

Sorry No joy … still … ResourceNotFound: tiago_gazebo

I see. Could you share the rosject with me by e-mail?

marruda@theconstructsim.com

1 Like

emailed “multiple_robots_navigation” rosject.
Also, a second error,
$ roslaunch multiple_turtlebots_nav navigation.launch

another Error in same Rosject:
ResourceNotFound: turtlebot_navigation

-R

Hi @kalkimann

I’ve received but I need the rosject share link, please

It will provide me the whole environment so I can reproduce

Waiting for your e-mail

Cheers

1 Like

Links sent with thanks…

The problem is, since the rosject is a little bit old, the simulation is trying to launch a world from a package that doesn’t exist anymore (tiago_gazebo). The code that launches the simulation is the main.launch file as follows:

<launch>
  <param name="/use_sim_time" value="true" />
  <!-- start world -->
  <node name="gazebo" pkg="gazebo_ros" type="gazebo"
   args="$(find tiago_gazebo)/worlds/small_office.world" respawn="false" output="screen" />
      <!-- include our robots -->
      <include file="$(find multiple_turtlebots_sim)/launch/robots.launch"/>
</launch>

The line that says find tiago_gazebo)/worlds/small_office.world is the one that indicates the world to be launched. This line indicates the world to launch is in package tiago_gazebo and it is called small_office.world.
Since this package is not available anymore in our system, you need to change that world by one that you want to launch. Search on internet for one and the upload it to the rosject. then modify the launch file to point to the path of that world uploaded.

Resolved. Ok based on that, replaced with
GitHub - aws-robotics/aws-robomaker-small-warehouse-world: This Gazebo world is well suited for organizations who are building and testing robot applications for warehouse and logistics use cases..
Thanks
-R

Got same error and resolved as discussed. But following the class afterwards too, after executing -

roslaunch multiple_turtlebots_nav navigation.launch

I got the following error:

... logging to /home/user/.ros/log/fed196d6-e589-11ec-b00b-0242ac120007/roslaunch-2_xterm-13689.log
Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/__init__.py", line 306, in main
    p.start()
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/parent.py", line 268, in start
    self._start_infrastructure()
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/parent.py", line 217, in _start_infrastructure
    self._load_config()
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/parent.py", line 132, in _load_config
    roslaunch_strs=self.roslaunch_strs, verbose=self.verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/config.py", line 451, in load_config_default
    loader.load(f, config, verbose=verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 749, in load
    self._load_launch(launch, ros_config, is_core=core, filename=filename, argv=argv, verbose=verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 721, in _load_launch
    self._recurse_load(ros_config, launch.childNodes, self.root_context, None, is_core, verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 685, in _recurse_load
    val = self._include_tag(tag, context, ros_config, default_machine, is_core, verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 95, in call
    return f(*args, **kwds)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 627, in _include_tag
    default_machine, is_core, verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 685, in _recurse_load
    val = self._include_tag(tag, context, ros_config, default_machine, is_core, verbose)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 95, in call
    return f(*args, **kwds)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 589, in _include_tag
    inc_filename = self.resolve_args(tag.attributes['file'].value, context)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/xmlloader.py", line 183, in resolve_args
    return substitution_args.resolve_args(args, context=context.resolve_dict, resolve_anon=self.resolve_anon)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/substitution_args.py", line 370, in resolve_args
    resolved = _resolve_args(resolved, context, resolve_anon, commands)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/substitution_args.py", line 383, in _resolve_args
    resolved = commands[command](resolved, a, args, context)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/substitution_args.py", line 151, in _find
    source_path_to_packages=source_path_to_packages)
  File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/roslaunch/substitution_args.py", line 197, in _find_executable
    full_path = _get_executable_path(rp.get_path(args[0]), path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospkg/rospack.py", line 207, in get_path
    raise ResourceNotFound(name, ros_paths=self._ros_paths)
ResourceNotFound: turtlebot_navigation
ROS path [0]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share/ros
ROS path [1]=/home/user/catkin_ws/src
ROS path [2]=/home/user/simulation_ws/src
ROS path [3]=/home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src
ROS path [4]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share

Kindly share how to resolve it?

The error message indicates that you should install the turtlebot-navigation package.

For that:

sudo apt install ros-kinetic-turtlebot-navigation