Real Robot Lab Booking Error

Hello

This week on Tuesday Evening and Wednesday early morning I used 2 slots to test on the real robot.
Unfortunately the camera was not loading then and the joypad was not working. I tried to connect multiple times but wasn’t able to get a good connection, so I couldn’t test anything.

I tried now to to another booking session, but got the message “that this week I used all my bookings”. Sorry I forgot, that there are only 2 bookings possible per week.

So I wanted to ask if it is possible to get 2 more bookings, since I could not really use them this week?

I don’t know what was the problem on Tuesday and Wednesday, if there were issues with the robot or my rosject. Bc 2 week ago the connection worked fine.

So I don’t know if there is maybe a possibility to see the status of the robot lab, to know if maybe there is currently an issue, so we don’t use bookings for nothing.

Thanks in advance

@Dkae
Sorry for that glitch.

I have assigned you two more bookings. If you have any problems when connecting, please contact us immediately before using the other booking.

@bayodesegun

Ok thank you!

Hi @bayodesegun

So I tried to connect again, but it is still not working.

You can see in the video that the stream is loading forever.

But the robot says it is connected.

I also tried to use 2 different internet connections (one WLAN and then with Hotspot from the mobile phone). Then I also tried with 2 different laptops. To see if anything of this causes the problem.

But it still doesn’t work.

I also tried to start the rviz to see if maybe the laser recording shows something, but also here nothing happens.

So could you please help me, so that I am able to get a good connection with the robot.
I don’t know what the issue could be.

Is there something wrong with my rosject?

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your rosject, I apologize for the issues.

It seems like there was a power outage that affected the robot.

I will let you know when it is back online

The robot is back online

Hi @roalgoal

I did another attempt.

The camera was not loading.

When I started rviz, you get at least a feedback from the laser scanner:

With the joystick it was possible to move the robot a bit.

Then after a while also rviz shutdown with this message:

So it is still not possible to test anything.

We had another power outage, and the cameras lost their connection. I restarted your slots. I’m sorry for the inconvenience

Hello @roalgoal

I still have the problem that whenever I am trying to test with the robot. The camera does not work.

It is very frustrating since basically of the around 8 times I tried to book the robot session, it only worked twice.

And since I can only book 2 times a week, I am not advancing at all with the project. So I don’t know how I will ever be able to finish the project, if I can not test with the robot.

@Dkae
It looks like something in your system/browser/connection is blocking the cameras. Are you behind a NAT or firewall?

If possible, could you please try another browser, PC, or network, in that order? Then we can pin down what exactly is causing this error.

I have reset your bookings, so you can book another slot.

Hi @bayodesegun

Your assumption seems to be right. I tried on another PC and it worked. So like you said, it seems that something on the PC is blocking the connection with the camera. But I couldn’t figure out what exactly it might be.

Well anyway now that I finally found a way to test, would it be possible to again reset my bookings so I could get a few more trials for this week? That would be really great.

Thanks in advance