QUIZ Gurdy_description fail

Hi you all

I’m having troubles with my gurdy quiz. I manage to create my urdf model but cant load properly the controllers. With the mira example evertything goes well but with my own it says it cannot load because of the following error: [ERROR] [1586548889.914069695]: Error reading end tag. I’ve been struggling for a while without finding what could it be. I’m sending my gurdy package so someone can have a look. Thanks

Thank you for the reply

I’ve look again every sintax and it looks okay, at the end of correction it appears like this:

I’ve looked in the solution and it is exactly like mine, any ideas for what could i do?

Hey @MarceloMafalda,
Is the error gone? Did the code run as you expect? If so, this might be a quiz correction issue, that has happened before. @bayodesegun can you take a look as well? The 7/10 scoring seems to be a recurring issue.

Thanks for pointing it our @simon.steinmann91.

@MarceloMafalda could you please check that no other process is running in any of the terminals before you submit the quiz? We’ve seen that this usually causes problems.

Please do that and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for the reply guys. I’ve manage to spawn just it without any other process or problems, but the correction goes that way. I’ve used my 5 times and my solution looks exactly like the one at the end.

Thanks for your feedback. Let’s look into that and come back to you.

1 Like

Thanks,
can u guys reset my number of tries so i can keep trying?
I just need this mark for my certificate and so i need to keep my subscription just for that

Hi, I just added 3 more trials. Thanks for your patience, we’ll get back to you soon.

Hello @MarceloMafalda,

The problem is that you are not loading the controllers, as requested in the last point of the Specifications. This is because you have an error in your URDF file. When loading the gazebo ros control plugin, here:

<gazebo>
        <plugin name="gazebo_ros_control" filename="libgazebo_ros_control.so">
        </plugin>
    </gazebo>

You are not specifying the namespace of the robot. It should be like this:

<gazebo>
        <plugin name="gazebo_ros_control" filename="libgazebo_ros_control.so">
            <robotNamespace>/gurdy</robotNamespace>
        </plugin>
    </gazebo>

Because of this, your controllers are not loading, thus you are not getting the points for that. If you fix this, you should get all the points.

Best,

1 Like

Hi @bayodesegun @albertoezquerro

Thank you so much for your time and effort, i manage to get the quiz right as per @albertoezquerro sugestion. Thank you!

1 Like