Quiz corrector failed to see that I subscribed to the Topic (/kobuki/laser/scan)

Hello, I was doing the quiz (part 4 - obstacle avoidance)
I have passed the avoidance, but the quiz corrector failed to see that I subscribed to the topic required (/kobuki/laser/scan) and has deducted my points.

here is my snippet code for the subscription:

sub = rospy.Subscriber("/kobuki/laser/scan",LaserScan,callback)

What is wrong exactly?

Hey @thehitmanomar,

Sorry we somehow missed this question. Were you able to solve it?

If not, See a probably related problem (ensure you name everything as specified in the instructions):

everything is according to the instructions, I even changed the whole code structure but still the problem purists. The subscribe part is just one line of code, so I dont know how it is not getting it.

Just to chime in that I also face the same issue… I subscribed to the laser but I lost marks for “not subscribed to /kobuki/laser/scan”. Managed to avoid the obstacle.

Hi,

This can happen if the node name in the launch file is not topics_quiz_node. Can you check that this is the case for you? If not, then make sure everything is named as the instructions say, it matters for the grading.

2 Likes

For me, the quiz corrector failed to see that I published to the /cmd_vel topic. Everything else was fine, including the obstacle avoidance. I checked using rostopic echo and saw that the program was indeed publishing to the /cmd_vel topic and reacting laser measurements of the robot. I couldn’t detect any significant difference between what I submitted and the solution that could account for this error. I named everything correctly as well.

Hi @roalgoal thanks for the tip. Not too concerned about getting everything correct right now, I am moving forward with the other units first. I will certainly be looking out for this when I review this later.

1 Like

This can happen if there’s a program running in your terminal that would be publishing to cmd_vel. Make sure you kill all programs before running the grader.

Had the same problem and this suggestion from @roalgoal fixed it for me.

1 Like