Project download

Hello,
I have a small doubt. Is there a possibility to download a project into our own system and work on it without using the web version of ROS rather the one installed on my system?
moreover when trying to do so i get the following error.

CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory /home/raizo/Desktop/rosject/catkin_ws/build/CMakeCache.txt is different than the directory /home/user/catkin_ws/build where CMakeCache.txt was created. This may result in binaries being created in the wrong place. If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt
CMake Error: The source “/home/raizo/Desktop/rosject/catkin_ws/src/CMakeLists.txt” does not match the source “/home/user/catkin_ws/src/CMakeLists.txt” used to generate cache. Re-run cmake with a different source directory.
Invoking “cmake” failed

Kindly shed some light if anyone has any idea.

Hi @ra130,

Yes you can. This is probably because one or more of your packages are pointing to the place where they were created, the rosject.

The first idea is to remove the compilation folders and compiling in your system:

cd ~/catkin_ws && rm -rf build/ devel/ && catkin_make && source devel/setup.bash

The other is to look through the packages’s CMakeLists.txt and package.xml for a path that you can modify.

Thank you so much @roalgoal.
It worked.
Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.