Problem of dependencies not found in TF 101 - Unit 2 and Unit 3

It seems something is going wrong. I got an error when I execute the first exercise of Chapter 3 (Exercise 3.1a),

user:~$ roslaunch pi_robot_pkg pi_robot_control_norsp.launch
[pi_robot_control_norsp.launch] is neither a launch file in package [pi_robot_pkg] nor is [pi_robot_pkg] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file

I can’t even roscd to the pi_robot_pkg Directory:

user:~$ roscd pi_robot_pkg
roscd: No such package/stack ‘pi_robot_pkg’

Please help, Thanks a lot.

Thats an oddly strange issue. I just tried it here and no issue. Maybe there is something wrong in your catkin_ws? Did you remove or compile something and gave error?
Could you do the following:

echo $ROS_PACKAGE_PATH

You should get this path:

/home/user/catkin_ws/src:/home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src:/opt/ros/kinetic/share

This allows the ros system to find all the packages.

Also, remove everything you have in the /home/user/catkin_ws/src, (EXCEPT for the Cmakelitsts.txt ) , andtry to do:

cd /homeUser/catkin_ws; rm -rf build devel; source /home/simulations/public_sim_ws/devel/setup.bash; catkin_make

This would reset the catkin_ws with its original state, just in case, something went wrong in the comilation.

1 Like

Thanks @duckfrost. I had the same issue. It got resolved when I reset the workspace (by switching to another chapter and then returning). So, it might have been some environment setting that got set incorrectly when rebuilding the workspace using catkin_make. Thanks for your reply…it is a helpful reference.

1 Like