PR2 Twist Noetic

Using the pre-existing Gazebo PR2 simulation in Noetic and after clicking on the play button, I tried to move the base with the following command:
rostopic pub /base_pose_ground_truth geometry_msgs/Twist '{linear: {x: 0.5, y: 0.0, z: 0.0}, angular: {x: 0.0,y: 0.0,z: 0.0}}

https://app.theconstructsim.com/#/l/42b6896c/

Even after running multiple times, there is no moment. Please help the move base of the PR2 in
Noetic.

Thank you

Hi Kavita,
there is a big confusion here somewhere. This rosject that you are sharing is nothing related to PR2.

Also I see two problems inside the notebook of the rosject:

1. you are not launching any simulation (at least, the notebook doesn’t indicate to launch any). Hence, the Twist command cannot work
  2. the rostopic pub command above and in the notebook lacks a final quotation mark (’)
  3. The /base_pose_ground_truth doesn’t look like a speed topic so that must be incorrect too

Then I don’t understand what do you want to do.

I’m contacting you by email and putting my personal time to solve this problem once and for all because I know you have been with this problem for a long time. Let’s solve it right now!

Thank you, Dr Ricardo! Here is the ROSject: Learn Robotics from Zero - Robotics & ROS Online Courses

Challenge 1: There is no PR2 odometry topic published in Noetic
Goal 1: Move PR2 to a Certain Point Using Twist as [ROS Q&A] 053 - How to Move a Robot to a Certain Point Using Twist - The Construct

Challenge 2: Use MoveIt with PR2 robot in Noetic
Goal 2: Move the end effectors of both arms of the PR2 robot simulation in Gazebo as [ROSDS] 008 - Use MoveIt with PR2 robot in ROS Kinetic Gazebo Easy Guide - The Construct

Challenge 3: Inverse kinematics for the PR2 arms in Noetic
Goal 3: Point-and-click and compute inverse kinematics for the tip link of the PR2 arm, not sure if there is an example for PR2.

Thank you

For the IK, I’d like the end effector to move to the location clicked on the screen. Please see the following video: Robot Control Interface Instructions (target) - YouTube

just a friendly reminder requesting assistance, please

Any assistance please

Hi Kavi, I replied some weeks ago by email. Then again a couple of weeks ago by email. I asked you for an online meeting several times, to teach you about that because I think there are some misunderstandings in your questions.

Can we have that online meeting, please? I really want to help you

Thank you so much Dr @rtellez! it was in my spam folder for some reason. I will respond now