Plugin for cmd_vel

Hello, i have built the quadruped model and using ros control for joint. I want to create “cmd_vel” topic for my robot.
I have the odom topic because i use the libgazebo_ros_p3d.so.
What is the plugin to create the cmd_vel which is to control the x y and z for the robot ?

Hello @billy.nugraha.s,

In case your robot has differential drive motion, the plugin used is libgazebo_ros_diff_drive.so. You can find some examples of it on our posts or videos in the Youtube channel.

In case you want to use an omniwheel robot (with linear velocities in the Y axis), then you can use, for instance, the libgazebo_ros_planaer_move.so, as I mentioned to you in the other post.

Best,

thank you so much, on my omniwheel robot i use libgazebo_ros_planaer_move.so and it works. :slight_smile:

And now i want to build my quadruped with 12 servos (4 leg using 3 servo). Is the libgazebo_ros_planaer_move.so recommended for the legged robot (not wheel)?

Hello @billy.nugraha.s,

No, the planar move plugin won’t work for a legged robot. For this case you will have to use a different type of control. However, I don’t have experience on this kind of robots, so I can’t really help you here. You can try to ask on the ROS Answers forum, since there’s probably someone who has already tried something like that.

Best,