Octomap plugins for Rviz

While working on a real Tiago robot, is there a way to get octomap plugins in Rviz to create an octomap for avoiding collision during arm movement?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Abil, I think what you are looking for can be solved if you implement the octomap in MoveIt. You can do this while creating your moveit configuration throught the MoveIt Setup Assistant

Hi roalgoal,

Thank you for your fast response.

I am working on the Tiago robot at our University lab which has its own development PC. The Moveit configuration file available in the installed software is already locked and cannot be edited. I tried to install Moveit setup assistant but the installation is not done showing “error: Unable to locate package ros-melodic-moveit”.

http://wiki.ros.org/Robots/TIAGo/Tutorials/MoveIt/Planning_Octomap
I tried this tutorial in Gazebo environment for the Tiago robot in our lab, the octomap is successfully created and arm is moving to desired position without collision.

Could you kindly give an idea/opinion on why this tutorial is not working on real robot ?

Thank you in advance!

Abil

check your installation:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install ros-melodic-moveit

if it is not installed, then you have to set up the ROS repositories in your computer. a
Also, make sure that the computer has melodic installed

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.