Noetic PR2 Launch from Shell

I’d like to launch the robot and in the world in Gazebo in the shell, without clicking on the icon and menus to choose the robot and a world with clicking buttons. I performed the following steps and it did not work:

1. source ~/simulation_ws/devel/setup.bash
  2. export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/user/simulation_ws/src/:/home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src:/opt/ros/kinetic/share
  3. echo $ROS_PACKAGE_PATH
  4. roslaunch pr2_description robot_control.launch

RLException: [robot_control.launch] is neither a launch file in package [pr2_description] nor is [pr2_description] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file

Please advise a way to resolve this challenge.

Thank you!

Hello @kavi1 ,

Well, this error basically says that either you don’t have a package named pr2_description in your rosject, or you don’t have a launch file named robot_control.launch in the pr2_description package.
Make sure that you have the expected simulation packages/files in your rosject.

@albertoezquerro Thank you. Yes, I understand.

Where are the files located in the shared Noetic Gazebo Model? Please note that these are existing files. when we create a rosject in Noetic.

I would like to just type the command in the shell instead of clicking on the buttons to launch gazebo. Please help. Thank you

Hi,

As Alberto said, in an empty ROSject ( which is what I supose you are launching ) , the pr2_description is not in the accesible part of the system.

Here you have a Pr2 simulation in ROsject form : https://app.theconstructsim.com/#/l/4079b47c/

Here you can launch the PR2 through the command line and have a rich environment for Perception training:

roslaunch pr2_tc_gazebo main.launch

Hope it helps