Motor Driver Quick Question

Hello All,

I have a quick question about the motor driver. The screenshot of the demo below shows that the robot is controlled by the computer remotely. I don’t really understand how to achieve it. Does our computer send motor commands to raspberry pi by WIFI to achieve remote control? But the thing is, the raspberry pi is disconnected with the monitor in the demo, what kind of server do we need inside the monitor to send command to raspberry pi? Appreciate anyone who could help me!

Hi,

The way your computer connects to the Raspberry Pi is through a method called ssh. Think of it as opening remote terminals that are actually coming from the Raspberry Pi, and you are seeing this remotely. An ssh server is installed on your computer in order to allow communication, and yes, this is done through WiFi, although it can be done with different methods. This link gives you a detailed tutorial on how to set up ssh, but you can start by installing the server on your computer (if it’s not already installed) with the following command:

sudo apt-get install openssh-server ii.

Thanks for your replying, it clarifies my issue!

1 Like