Live Class #81__ I can't spawn the turtlebot2 in simulation

Hello, I recently started to use ROSDS for developing.

I referred to Live Class #81, for Reinforcement Learning, and I tried spawning the turtlebot2 with empty_world.( I did start sumulation, not choose launchfile)

But I’ve failed to bring the turtlebot model; it seems I don’t have that file in my ROSDS library.

Just so you know, I spawned it without any other modification: I did with the default env provided from Live Class #81.

Below is the error message:

process[spawn_turtlebot_model-1]: started with pid [1471]

process[mobile_base_nodelet_manager-2]: started with pid [1472]

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/gazebo_ros/spawn_model", line 32, in

import tf.transformations as tft

File "/home/user/python3_ws/devel/lib/python3/dist-packages/tf/__init__.py", line 35, in

exec(__fh.read())

File "", line 30, in

File "/home/user/python3_ws/devel/lib/python3/dist-packages/tf2_ros/__init__.py", line 35,     in

exec(__fh.read())

File "", line 38, in

File "/home/user/python3_ws/devel/lib/python3/dist-packages/tf2_py/__init__.py", line 35, in

exec(__fh.read())

File "", line 38, in

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (init_tf2)

[spawn_turtlebot_model-1] process has died [pid 1471, exit code 1, cmd         
/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/gazebo_ros/spawn_model -unpause -urdf -x 0.0 -y 0.0 -z 0.0 -  R 0.0 -P 
0.0 -Y 0.0 -param robot_description -model mobile_base 
__name:=spawn_turtlebot_model __log:=/home/user/.ros/log/bd55fa58-5562-11ea-88fb- 

0e2b5dfa2c94/spawn_turtlebot_model-1.log].

I’m not familiar with ROSDS now…

If anyone who’ve experienced this kind of issue, would you please give me a piece of helpful advice?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi!

It seems that you have not sourced the python3 catkin_ws where we have the tf package compiled for python3.

Check the commands given in the tutorial and notebook because that will probably solve this issue. This issue is given when yu are executing python3 code that is using the tf copiled for python3.