Iri_wam_aff_demo package does not exist

Hi.
I am currently in unit 5 but I cant do it because for some reason I dont have the iri_wam_aff_demo package. I have looked everywhere. even in /opt/ros/kinetic/share there is 500 + packages but none of iri_wam_aff_demo

Hi @Dukes11,
You don’t have to search for the package as such, when you start unit 5 you should be able to see a robotic arm in the gazebo simulation window.
run the command: roslaunch iri_wam_aff_demo start_demo.launch to start the demo.

Further you don’t need to manually search for packages in ROS, for example if you want to go to the iri_wam_aff_demo package try roscd iri_wam_aff_demo
you current directory should change to /home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src/all/iri_wam/iri_wam_aff_demo

Thanks for the reply!
when I type roslaunch I usually press tab to autofill. In this case nothing happens, and when i double tap it doesnt print out anything. When i write the whole command it says that it cant find the package and ive tried to source devel/setup.bash, rospack profile, everything still nothing

that’s strange, maybe someone from the moderators team might be of help.

How do I contact the moderators?

They are active in the form, they usually reply to all the unanswered questions more or less in a day or so (time zone differences).

Hi @Dukes11,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry you had this issue. It’s strange as @textzip mentioned. Could you please check again and let us know if the problem persists (it might have been a temporary error with your setup)? I can find and run the package here.

Thank you!

I still got the same problem. I am typing “roslaunch iri” and then I press tab to autofill but it won’t.
I copy the whole command from the tutorial and paste it in and when I press enter I get this error:

[start_demo.launch] is neither a launch file in package [iri_wam_aff_demo] nor is [iri_wam_aff_demo] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file

I appriciate the help!

Hi again!
I don’t know if I have to post this seperatly but I got the same problem with unit 8. It seems that ardrone_as package doesn’t exist. I can only find ardrone_autonomy package.

I appriciate the help!

Checking from here, the package exists. This is what I got:

user:~$ roscd ardrone_as/action; cat Ardrone.action
#goal for the drone
int32 nseconds  # the number of seconds the drone will be taking pictures

---
#result
sensor_msgs/CompressedImage[] allPictures # an array containing all the pictures taken along the nseconds

---
#feedback
sensor_msgs/CompressedImage lastImage  # the last image taken
user:/home/simulations/public_sim_ws/src/all/parrot_ardrone/ardrone_as/action$

Could you please share what you get when you run that command?

Hi, can you tell us which course of these two are you using?

1. ROS Basics in 5 Days
  2. ROS Basics in 5 Days Noetic
user:~$ roscd ardrone_as/action; cat Ardrone.action
roscd: No such package/stack 'ardrone_as/action'
cat: Ardrone.action: No such file or directory
user:~$

This is what i get :confused:

Hi, I’m using the ROS Basics in 5 Days

Hi, the fact that your system can’t find this directory is very strange. On this side everything works as expected. I recommend closing the course completely and trying again. These packages come preinstalled. Can you tell me what you get by typing

roscd parrot_ardrone

Hi, yea it seems very strange. But I started the course again from the beginning in noetic so if i run in the same problems i will let you know. I don’t mind doing it all over again, good practice :slight_smile:
thanks for the help

1 Like

Thank you, let me know if you run into the same issue

A post was split to a new topic: Iri_wam_aff_demo package does not exist (ROS Basics C++)