Impossible to launch start_map_server

Hello,
In the part 4 with GPS, after uploading the empty map we’re meant to launch the start_map file with the code provided, however I have this following error trying to launch it (both mymap_empty files are in the /map directory of my package)

process[map_server-1]: started with pid [2144]
[ERROR] [1603997960.319300736]: failed to open image file "/home/user/catkin_ws/src/my_summit_xl_tools/maps/mymap_empty": Couldn't open /home/user/catkin_ws/src/my_summit_xl_tools/maps/mymap_empty
[map_server-1] process has died [pid 2144, exit code 255, cmd /opt/ros/kinetic/lib/map_server/map_server /home/user/catkin_ws/src/my_summit_xl_tools/maps/mymap_empty.yaml __name:=map_server __log:=/home/user/.ros/log/77bfd6fe-1a0f-11eb-a91c-0242ac120008/map_server-1.log].
log file: /home/user/.ros/log/77bfd6fe-1a0f-11eb-a91c-0242ac120008/map_server-1*.log
all processes on machine have died, roslaunch will exit

Do you know how come ?

Hello @algl2000,

That looks like there’s something wrong with your empty map files. I’ve sent you on e-mail the files I’ve used here for testing, which worked properly.

Best,

I am also having trouble making the empty map file. I downloaded the map made in unit 1 and then used gimp to edit out all the dark stuff. But now I realized I have no way to get the empty map file back into the course. Upload file is grayed out? Can you juset send me an empty map file?

Hello @busy ,

Inside the Academy, if you “right-click” on a folder you should be able to select the Upload Files normally.

hi can you send it to me too?

Hello @gogrady ,

What do you need?