As I’m going to do my best to finish the ROS-Basics today, I’ve few doubts and I hope your kind guidance.
I’m a B.Tech final year student studying Mechatronics. We are a team of 5, working on a project of a Gator Bot. We decided to use stereo camera and nividia jetson nano for it’s control and navigation etc.
Although I’m about to finish the basic concepts of ROS, I wonder:
- How do I use ROS for our robot. How does ROS recognize our robot so that I work with it?
- How would I use
/cmd_veland other similar topics on our robot to give commands? I mean in robotigniteacademy, I’m just using commands and the robot automatically does that.
- How would I use services to pass the values? (As of right now, I’ve not reached actions, so I’m asking for services)
- How do I work with this camera sensor that we are using? and how do I locate the position of this sensor on our robot?
- General query: We can use publisher/subscriber. Why do we go for services/actions ?
- Dear Prof, If there’s anything besides this you want to tell, please…